Robert L. Harris
To me, a lawyer is basically the person that knows the rules of the country. We’re all throwing the dice, playing the game, moving our pieces around the board, but if there is a problem the lawyer is the only person who has read the inside of the top of the box.
- Jerry Seinfeld
Bob appreciates this comical observation, not because he is a lawyer, but because he is a board game aficionado and he definitely is a “Rules Guy.” If you don’t believe us then ask his family.
As a lawyer Bob uses his extensive knowledge and understanding of the ”Legal Rules” for the benefit of his clients. Bob has 33 years of legal experience in the areas of Wills, Estates, Conveyancing, Real Estate Development, Mortgages, Corporate Law and Commercial Law. Whatever matter Bob is working on for a client you can be assured that it will be handled with professionalism and care. For Bob the client truly does comes first. This means that no matter what document you may be signing with Bob he will ensure that you are fully informed as to the nature and intent of the document so that you will know what it is you are signing.
Education and Personal Life
Bob attended the University of Victoria where he received a B.A. In Political Science before moving on to complete his LL.B. in 1984. He articled in Victoria and was called to the B.C. bar in 1986. He joined the firm of McEachern & Associates in 1986 which is now McEachern Harris & Watkins. He is a long-time resident of this community, where he and his wife Lori raised their three children. Outside of work, Bob leads a quiet life of reading (mostly history, biographies and fantasies), playing board games with the family (see above) and generally just relaxing. To help him relax, Bob makes the World’s best Margaritas.
Specifically Bob assists clients with
- The Preparation of Wills, Powers of Attorney and Representation Agreements that meet their expressed needs and goals.
- Applications for Probate and Administration, including providing professional advice on the duties and responsibilities of Executors or Administrators.
- The Purchase and Sale of Real Estate, including Co-Ownership Agreements and professional advice to protect the client’s interest if problems occur.
- The Subdivision and Stratification of Real Property, including the preparation of all the covenants, easements and rights of way that are required.
- The Preparation of Corporate Annual Report documents.
- The Preparation of documents for corporate reorganizations.
- The Preparation of Shareholder and Partnership Agreement.
- Advising on all aspects of a business acquisition or sale.